Drilling Without a Lease!

How are you getting checks with no paperwork? Your Dad’s estate must have been probated and the minerals distributed to you and your siblings for YOU to be getting checks, right?

Usually mineral interests are listed in the inventory to the will, if there is a will.

There is paperwork but no signed lease. & they didn’t pay us to drill on the land. Most leases are for 3-5 years. We don’t have that paperwork!

Yes he had a will & it went through probate in Montana. Do you have a signed lease for yours?

You are not being dumb. The only way to learn is to read and ask questions. And it’s very complicated. This is a great place to start, though. Go read all the blogs and forums and keep asking questions, you have to start somewhere. You’ve started off on the right foot! Linton

Thankyou. Debbie

Some I have leases for, some I do not. Those I inherited that have been producing for decades, I’ve never even seen the lease.

And the companies change all the time. Your Dad may have gotten a check from X on that well, then when it got to you, between checks, Y bought X out so you get a check from Y, although your Dad never did.

You’re welcome. Not sure if I helped you or just confused you more! Good luck. Linton

The thing about it is, I saw my Dad a lot & saw all his leases & all of his checks! Ok thanks. No more confused than I was. Lol

Dear Ms. Belcasto,

In Montana, there is forced pooling. Your lands could have been forced pooled.

You could satisfy yourself by running title in the right county to see if a lease pops up and if not, the commission dockets to see if you were pooled.

Best,

Buddy Cotten

Thankyou Mr. Cotten

I did the very same thing. AN ABSTRACT COMPANY DID A MINERAL SEARCH AND GAVE ME BOGUS INFORMATION.

YOU CAN TAKE EVERYTHING......... IN ILLINOIS. I KNOW THEY DID IT TO ME.

Please don't do that contact them and discuss the issue. Work out a deal with them. We lost 1 million dollars and the entire lease. We had two producing wells on the ground. We lost everything.

you need an an oil and gas attorney who specializes in abstracts....... I would hire a landman who is an attorney to check out the deed and trace this to you. Find out where you stand and what your rights are. You will spend some money but you should have a piece of mind with it.