I own hundreds of acres in section township 10 n r58w s 33, 32 and 5 that I know of

Hi Elizabeth, I can give you the name of a good attorney for probate if you need one. One we have used before. michelle@quiatcompanies.com, National Association of Royalty Owners President, Colorado

Thank you... I am trying to figure this out. Noble wont except my documents. But my mother's estate was never worth enough to need probate.

Hi Elizabeth,

I had the same problem with my Moms estate and I was referred to a great attorney Brad Laue in Greeley, CO at 970-352-4805.

He took care of the probate and gave me some great advice. He charged $1700 and is letting me make payments as my wells produce. Give him a call and you just might be able to save a trip as he is very experienced and honest. Hope this helps.

elizabeth stuart purcell said:

Thank you... I am trying to figure this out. Noble wont except my documents. But my mother's estate was never worth enough to need probate.

Elizabeth: If you own a significant portion of the minerals under 3,000+ acres, it's worth more than enough to hire an attorney. Get a good attorney, get organized and educate yourself about what you own. Your attorney can order title info as needed. Attorney can talk to Noble and Whiting and discuss your ownership, can discuss title curative. Do not sell any of this and do not get an appraisal until you know what you own.

Thank you all for your help. I talked to my mothers original attorney in California who said I should not have to do any probate, my mothers estate had a very small value. I have no problems in Texas with any of this. Only Noble Energy. I need to do a trip and do a deed search at the county clerks office. My Great Grandparents didn't list the oil in their wills. My Step Grandmother listed over 50 items in Texas, but nothing in Colorado so there is one way to find out. Come and do a search for myself. My mother thought me how. Then I can get an attorney to help. In the meantime, I am in search of a good attorney. I will call the one Annette posted.

Elizabeth,

You will have to do a probate in Colorado so you will get a clean title to your mineral rights for the oil companies. Non oil attorneys like the one in California are not familiar with the oil & gas industry. Brad will probably have a way to check your deeds too. Anyway, good luck in getting this all straightened out.

Thank you all for your help. I talked to my mothers original attorney in California who said I should not have to do any probate, my mothers estate had a very small value. I have no problems in Texas with any of this. Only Noble Energy. I need to do a trip and do a deed search at the county clerks office. My Great Grandparents didn't list the oil in their wills. My Step Grandmother listed over 50 items in Texas, but nothing in Colorado so there is one way to find out. Come and do a search for myself. My mother thought me how. Then I can get an attorney to help. In the meantime, I am in search of a good attorney. I will call the one Annette posted.

You have a lot going. I am an Oil and Gas Landman and have worked weld county for 34 years. Please canyact me for any help

303-861-7521

Mike Meany

I think I may have that backwards. Whiting is on 33 and 32 and Noble is t9n r58w sec 3.4.9.10 and 16 that one is 3,193.72 acres I own the mineral rights on

I have contacted a friend who is helping me find an attorney. We are from Texas and Whiting Oil who is producing on section 32 doesn't need the probate but Nobel Oil on section 33 does. Whiting has been sending a $2.00 a year check since my mother passed in 2011 and all of a sudden sent 15 new division orders. When I spoke with them they said "dont worry we still are not really producing its all cross drilling"

Steve said:

Get an Oil and Gas Attorney to help you. You are about to get royalty payments from 50 wells.

Will be very worthwhile to get title cleaned up….probate done.

I have to go to Colorado and do my own deed research and file probates on my great grandparents and don't have a clue what I am doing. All I know is I have gotten over 50 new division orders in the past month from weld county

Elizabeth: I'm repeating myself. Get an attorney you are comfortable with. Attorney can talk to Nobel and Whiting…..and can do the probate work. Probate will need to be completed. Do it the right way.

Elizabeth, Steve is correct. The value of the property probably was small when your Grandmother passed but since there has been new wells drilled the value is significant. From my experience the oil company will not release your suspended funds unless you get the probate work done. The court will want the interest appraised. I can give you the name of a great oil and gas consulting engineer if you want. We're not trying to interfere or be contrary just give you help. You do need an oil and gas attorney to file the probate for you.

Michelle

Steve said:

Elizabeth: I'm repeating myself. Get an attorney you are comfortable with. Attorney can talk to Nobel and Whiting…..and can do the probate work. Probate will need to be completed. Do it the right way.

I got a recommended name of an attorney on the forum. But I need to know what I own. Probate does not need to be done, just a document showing inheritance. But I need to know what I own first. Like I mentioned before, I am supporting a disabled vet and his family so I am thinking the cheapest way for me to find out is to travel from Texas to Colorado my self and go to the weld county clerks office. I cannot just sit here and wait on offers letting me know I own more tracts and maybe there is land... who knows. And I live hand to mouth already. 40 wells that I know of right now! and an offer to buy in township 5. I only knew about township 32 and 33. The weld county website wont tell me what I own. It only calls the operators owners.

Typically Noble Energy does require the title to be updated before they will put wells in pay status. IN most instances in Colorado, we find that probates must be filed. Our laws in Colorado are much different on title standards compared to Texas where probates aren't always required as I understand. Additionally, it is important to verify any Division Orders to make sure that they are accurate on the figures listed as the decimal interest dictates payments. You should also consider discussing with your accountant the potential income tax and tax related issues before you release funds from suspense. Estimates can be made on royalty payment to assist on that planning.

This information is for general informational purposes only. You should consult with an attorney for any legal advice.

Elizabeth you can do a lot of research here https://searchicris.co.weld.co.us/recorder/web/login.jsp for free and make copies for pretty cheap. Once you get some leads then you can have Heritage Title in Greeley do some verification in the track books. Rest assured the funds due are in suspense and not going anywhere.