Affidavit of heirship

Hello.

I received notification about an ORRI for Sect 36 - Township 1N - Range 4W of the IM and Sect 1 - Township 1S - Range 4W of the IM via Stephen’s county court for Continental Oil.

Had an Affidavit or Heirship created to send to Continental and hired a process server to retrieve the ORRI paperwork, only nothing could be found in Stephens County. Is there somewhere else the documents could be located? I already paid quite a bit to try and get this situation squared away, and am no closer to a resolution.

I was contacted via the title company, but no one will disclose where the documents are located nor will they share them. At this point sending the Affidavit to Continental seems like my only option. If anyone has any insight, it would be appreciated. Thank you.

You can search the Stephens County Land records back to 1996 online here: Stephens County | OKCountyRecords.com | County Clerk Public Land Records for Oklahoma

You might want an attorney or landman to review the notification you received.

Since you mentioned an affidavit of heirship, it is possible that there is information with the decedent’s records or tax returns?

This post is not legal, tax or investment advice. Reading or responding to this post does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Records are well before the 1996 date period. That was when I hired a process server to check them out and not have to fly out there to search myself. They did not find anything, but yet the title company insists the ORRI exists from their ownership report.

In terms of a Landman, no idea how to hire a reputable one. What services do they offer?

At this point I think this entire thing is a scam. No idea what they are trying to pull.

A process server is not trained to examine title. Unless your PS was otherwise experienced in title work, I wouldn’t trust the individual to provide the needed information.

If a company says you have an ORRI, they will generally tell you what is needed to put the minerals into pay status. Start there. Ask what is needed to get your interest into “pay status”. Generally, this will be an affidavit of heirship or a probate.

This post is not legal, tax or investment advice. Reading or responding to this post does not create an attorney/client relationship.

2 Likes