Burke County ND oil activity

What is the latest news on gas leasing in Burke County, North Dakota? 2024 update. Mineral Rights forum does not seem to have any current information. Acquire is offering a lease.

Please give a section, township and range. County is too large to give a general comment.

I moved your question to the Burke County topic area.

October 2024, Just checking with others in Burke County North Dakota. Township 161 North Range 93 West Section 15 NE / Township 163 North Range 94 West Section 26 NE…Have just gotten lease offers from Lynx Oil company and Aqyre. Lynx pushing for us to sell which we will not sell. Getting leases to go over each and then have attorney go over each one and advise. Seems to be activity in area but will see what other owners are getting in offers at this time and what they have to say. Thanks.

We have an offer from Aqyre for 161-94 West-Section 12. They are offering $350/ acre for 4 years + 1 yr option and %18.75 royalty. I will counteroffer. I have rejected offers from Lynx due to their unwillingness to negotiate. They just wanted to buy or get a very flippable lease.

Interesting. Can’t say I disagree about some of the land men out there. I think most of the low hanging fruit is gone and some of them are surprised that some of us remaining don’t think they are doing us a big favor by waiving some minor cash in front of our noses. With lots of new wells being drilled or proposed, I’d rather wait and see what happens unless someone offers me a premium. If that doesn’t happen, that is okay too. Will I later regret it? Maybe or maybe not,