Canadian county mineral rights

Hello, I have been reading many of the posts and comments in this group and have read some information on M. Barnes who often provides very good information. My siblings and I are mineral owners in 10-T12N-R5W - we have 40 acres - no surface- but they are spread out on a 160 acre piece of land that belong to other cousins, most whom we have never met and do not know their names. We went to Canadian County records office and tax assessor office to try to locate this information and we could not learn where the mineral records were kept. We paid money for pages of the land records, but are mystified on how to locate the other mineral owners. Also, I have read much of the Grady County posts and comments trying to learn who the Oil and Gas company might be who will be doing the drilling. Someone commented to read "the fine print on the lease contract". I reread my contract and there is no fine print. The lease is offered by Don Tucker landman. He does not include in the lease who the oil company is. My brother and I met with him face to face and he would not share who the company is. I saw that someone said CRI, has been drilling in these areas, I called their land department and left a message but they have not called me back (Susan Maberry? or Mabry? I know there have been many people who have posted links, I have gone to those and while the information was helpful, it was not anything that would answer my questions. Much appreciated to anyone here who can help me!

Boy have I been where you are! Go to Canadian County Oklahoma and sign up for a password (free). You can look up by your legal description and it will have all the legals for your section and the people that have leased. It also has past sales and leases. Patience is the key with minerals. My husbands family has minerals in 13n 05w in Canadian. The experts on this forum will be a godsend I promise you. Remember that there is no such thing as a stupid ? Good luck.

Thank you very much LCP! I do have a password to the CCO but did not know I would be able to find names of people who had already leased in my section - thanks again

LCP is correct…just type in your land description…dont type in the part of the section…ie NE SW SE ect.

Thanks.

J guthrie said:

LCP is correct...just type in your land description...dont type in the part of the section..ie NE SW SE ect.

J Guthrie, I am having trouble revisiting the Canadian County website and finding the place where I need to enter my land description without the directions...all the searches are requiring the directions now, did they change the system, or am I lost- talking about the name, doc, str, subdivision search choices.