Candian County

Continuing the discussion from Oil & Gas Lease - Landman: Hello, I really appreciate all your help with my lease I had questions with on my mineral rights in Candian county. Now I’ve had quite of few inquiries on purchasing them. I was told I have a a couple of small producing wells on them in the offer letter (that I haven’t signed or done anything with as right now) asking for any royalty stubs & also the transfer of a noterized deed & they wouldn’t close until nov. 30, 2018. That kind of makes me nervous them having the deed & I wouldn’t have the check until 30 days later. Or is this the norm? Also if I have 2-small producing Wells I have not received any royalties & how could I find out why? Thank you so much for your help & time, Corby Oliver

Depending upon where you are, you may have small producing wells that are about to have large horizontal wells. The offering to buy companies hope that you do not know that. Never, ever hand over a deed without getting a check at the same moment. If you want to post your section, township and range, then you may get help in what offers have been and whether or not you should consider holding onto your acres because drilling is pending. Also, we may be able to help you get information about your royalty questions. You need to clear those issues up first.

1 Like

I bet they’d choke if you asked them to send you a check then you would seen a deed in 30 days. Don’t do it.

Thank you very much. My location is SE 4 /SW 4 Township 12- Range 5 West section 6, candian County. Also thank you for confirming no deed until I have check in my hand. I was just double checking, you don’t get a deed to your home until closing & money is exchanged then. I also was asked if I had any check stubs from prime operator or Carl Humpries (which I’ve never heard & haven’t received any royalties in over 3 years & they were super small. How do I find out how much my acres are being sold for? Thank you again for your time & kindness. Corby

Funny. You have a great point. Thank you

You are receiving offers because Native Exploration has four pending cases at the OCC to drill a horizontal well. You should have had four case files mailed to you. If not, then look these up on their website. OAP

201801623-Pooling Watch that pooling one and see if your name is on it or an ancestor.

I see your name on the 931 case. They have spelled Oklahoma City wrong, so if you haven’t gotten a mailing, contact the attorney office on the case and get them to correct the address.

Since you are possibly about to get a well and then possibly additional future wells, consider whether you really want or need to sell.

Thank you, I did contact Native & was told in section 6 they have dropped & decided not to drill in that section.

That makes sense. They may have allocated money elsewhere. Someone else may pick up the idea and run with it. Acreage in that area I have had for a long time is starting to get interest. I am waiting to see what happens.