Database question

I’m using a 3 day trial on mineralholders.com and see listings under my mom’s in the various years that did not show up in my search yesterday. I was searching for Howard County, Texas only and was only seeing one entry. Today I see numerous ones.

Maybe I’m not remembering correctly but pretty sure I am because printed out each listing per county and put them in a file.

I’m using this and Texas File. I’ve recently inherited mineral rights and there are basically no paper files.

How reliable is this service?

I cannot answer for anyone else, but I found many more of my holdings on other services such as TexasFile versus mineralholders.com. Not sure what their sources are. Not disparaging them, just couldn’t find much when I already knew what I had.

123Me - It may be that your mother bought or inherited multiple parcels of land that are listed on one deed. That would be one “listing” on TexasFile for Howard County. On MineralHolders, you are likely seeing multiple wells, with the information for each well - those would be multiple “listings” on MineralHolders.

MineralHolder pulls information from county tax assessors offices. A lot of it is incorrect or outdated, but it’s a quick and easy way to get an idea of what’s out there. This only shows producing assets, as non producing assets aren’t taxed. Texas File has the actual county records, so you can see the big picture, but take a lot more time sifting through records to see what you actually own. This of course shows all assets, producing and non producing.

I too have found this…