Exemplified will

I have my dad’s will from Cook County IL. It is an exemplified copy according to Cook County. In IL they only sign one judge one clerk. Reeves County will not except it unless three signatures. The oil company will not except unless it is recorded and want to split evenly with half siblings that were adopted by another man. The will and the order to close shows I am the only heir to his will. How can I get Reeves or the oil company to recognize the will as it was probated in IL in 1982. Any thoughts?

You may need to hire an estate attorney licensed in Texas. Did the adoption include a decree terminating the rights to inherit? How long ago did your father pass? The shortest path might be to file an Affidavit of Heirship and get a quit claim deed from the half siblings.

Suggest you hire attorney in Reeves County who can handle the recording of the exemplified copy of Will and of Order admitting Will to probate. An exemplified copy of a Texas Will will have only the judge’s signature and county clerk’s signature. There is no 3 signature requirement.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.