Fayette and Lavaca County TX Oil Activity

In the SE corner of your yellow box, that’s the pad site for the Cypress Wolters well. So, most likely the patch on the NW side of the yellow box is the frac tank pond they dug.

William1 I agree with you that is the Wolters well and frac pond. I was just wondering if this was what Washington-Irving was referring to?

1 Like

Nope. Without getting into someone’s business on the CAD, I’d say that the place in question is at the far SE corner of the map that you posted. On the east side of 957. I’ll say again that I have no idea if this is something O&G related or something else entirely, but it sure has that look.

FWIW, I dropped my signed/notarized lease in the mail today. So I should be good to go.

I also heard the term ‘two mile laterals’ mentioned.

Good to hear! As you noted, I mentioned who RedHawk is leasing for above. Generally speaking (I have seen lease maps of the entire area) and RedHawk gobbled up quite a bit of acreage and KEW put together a position somewhat within the same area. Inevitably, there will be acreage trades between companies to form units but the most important thing is that someone drills a well and makes sure they don’t screw it up like the Bigham unit. Once someone drills a good well (operationally speaking), this whole area could totally change. Someone just has to take the plunge!

Hey guys and gals,

I need your expertise. I have mineral rights in abstract 4, Ephriam Anderson Leage of Fayette, but no longer own the surface, nor any other real estate currently in the county. How can I find out the landmen from KEW or Redhawk? Alternatively, how/where can I post my current address so they can find me? I called the courthouse, as well as the Central appraisal district, which was no help.

Darrell,

I am not familiar with that area as far as leasing activity is going, but as someone who spent over a decade working as a landman, I can assure you that if they are leasing in your area, they will find you. There are many ways to find contact information online, so I would not worry about that part. The only thing I would suggest doing is ensuring that the deed(s), etc. have all been properly filed in the county.

William 1,

Thank you.

1 Like

Rosewood finally taking the plunge, they have filed for 3 drilling permits, all horizontals in pursuit of Eagle Ford on the R.D. Niemann lease approximately 1.1 miles SE of Flatonia. Still hoping to see Baytex file for a permit in my neck of the woods (NW of Flatonia).

July 2024 saw some more leases filed for tracts in southern Fayette.

Kew Drilling filed for tracts in Abstracts 4, 14, 19, 38, 77, 96 and 324 west and southwest of Schulenburg.

Baytex filed for tracts in Abstracts 235 and 240 north and west of Flatonia.

And, Redhawk filed for tracts in Abstracts 14, 19, 24, 38, 48 and 96 south and southwest of Schulenburg.

Fayette folks seem to be much more interested in O&G leasing than they are in wind turbine leasing. :wink:

MR_ML posted this on another topic and it has so much good information that I’m going to link it hoping that he doesn’t mind. You have to go to that topic to see the whole post. It’s worth your while. I actually have something to add. EOG’s play doesn’t stop at Breslau/Moravia but instead goes on at least as far as ‘Nickerson Farms’ at IH10/US90 in the NE and down to Oakland in the SE. I’ve seen ‘a map’ that I’m not at liberty to share that shows about 1250 acre units as MR_ML mentioned. The map covers the area SE of SBG. but I imagine it’s pretty consistent everywhere.

We’ve had numerous leases over the years that never amounted to anything except some free bonus money, but it just feels different this time. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

I too have seen a leasehold map of our area. It will make sense for EOG to start further Southwest given the existing trend for the EF in that area. Time will tell how far Northeast EOG (or others) move based on well results. I generally agree with you though that it feels a bit different this time. This is the second time EOG has done a serious leasing program in this area, so there is clearly something there that they are interested in pursuing. The only thing with them though is, they have a deep inventory across all of their assets so they will certainly high-grade the areas and not drill for the sake of drilling. They’re the best operator in the E&P game, in my opinion, so if someone has the capability to prove up an area, they are the ones to do it.

1 Like

I’m probably off base, but another issue is that in any investor presentation, new stuff is always sexy, whether it’s EOG or NVDA. Any company needs to keep moving ahead and maybe the northeast EF looks good enough as long as the lights are low. Plus with the consolidation in the Permian (Concho, Pioneer, et al) remaining acreage may be at a premium out there making the EF more attractive.

September 2024 saw some more leases filed for tracts in southern Fayette.

Kew Drilling filed for tracts in Abstracts 4, 14, 19, 24 and 324 west and south of Schulenburg.

And, Redhawk filed for tracts in Abstracts 38 and 96 south and southwest of Schulenburg.