Finding owner of mineral rights to my property

I’m looking to figure out who owns the mineral rights to my almost 14 acres of property in Creek County.

I had found a landman that I haven’t been able to get ahold of in almost a year, so now I need to move on.

I’ve searched county documents to the best of my ability and have copies but I don’t understand the paperwork enough to connect the dots.

Is there someone that can assist? Does anyone have a good point of contact for a landman in Creek County?

What other information can I provide to assist in the matter?

Welcome to the forum.

I am assuming that you have the surface acres? The surface and minerals were probably severed many decades ago. It can take some digging going backwards from today. You would need your full description including the section, township and range plus any aliquots such as the SE4 NE4 SW4, etc.

There might be tens to hundreds of mineral owners due to the fractionation mineral rights over the generations. Usually the mineral acres are listed as “undivided” so someone might inherit 1/4th of the SE4 NEW SE. It is more like a percentage of the rights in the description. If the deeds say “divided”, then that would often mean a very specific geographic description (often including the old house and garden plot).

Thanks!

Yes I have the surface acres and I do know the surface and minerals were severed a long time ago. I have the legal description of acreage as well.

As for the rest of it, that’s what I’m trying to nail down. I figure a landman, which figuring out that was what I needed was a journey in of itself last year, should be able to get me to the finish line with the research I’ve already done.

You can look for the names of landmen on the website of AAPL. Alternativlely, you could go on the website for Tulsa Association of Petroleum Landmen to review the newsletter to find the name of a land professional in Tulsa to run title based on the documents you have. If you get somebody in Tulsa, if they have to go to the records, it would be close to them.

When you acquired the property, was the abstract brought up-to-date? Do you have access to the abstract?