Funds Held In Suspense by Pioneer Resources

On December 12th of 2019, I sold a portion of my royalty interest to Echo Energy (Midland County S14 Block 39 TS2S). The property is operated by Pioneer Resources. In the Deed, I reserved a 1.7 acre interest. This was not noticed by Pioneer until I raised the issue with them on October 1st of this year. In the meantime, they’ve drilled a series of wells through that property for which I have not received any income. Pioneer’s title department their mistake and have initiated the process of correcting it. I have requested interest and revenue back to December of 2019, the date I originally sold the property less the 1.7 acres, which I retained… Pioneer has not responded and I am of the belief that I am entitled to both back revenue and interest. Can anyone give me some guidance? Thanks!

Have you sent your request for payment by certified mail return receipt. That starts the clock in TX. Attach a copy of your deed and any earlier emails. There may be a four year statute of limitations, so you want your earliest correspondence to be noted. Keep copies of everything!