How do I find out about minerals in our area

We have several area in Oklahoma. Dewey County Section 21 17N-14W , Harper Section 34 26N-25W and a few I don’t have section numbers for. . They are in Blaine , Canadian, Johnston and Oklahoma.

We used to get checks from The Dewey county area. But nothing from anywhere else. Any help would be useful. Thanks

What exactly are you wanting to know about your mineral rights ? Are you wanting to know how many net mineral acres you own ?

Dewey County: According to the Oklahoma Tax Commission (now Service Oklahoma), The THREE SISTERS 1-21H well has not have any production over the past year.

There doesn’t appear to be any active wells in your section in Harper County.

This post is not legal, tax or investment advice. Reading or responding to this post does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Thank you for your reply. We keep hoping for something.

We are looking for the Section numbers for several areas we own. They were inherited and we got no paperwork for a couple of them.

You might try looking up your ancestor’s name on www.okcountyrecords.com to see if you can find the documents. It is free to look, but pay to print.

Keep your inheritance documentation. You may need it.

What type of descriptions did you get that make you think you have something in Blaine, Canadian, Johnston and Oklahoma? Canadian and Blaine may have more chance of having something active.

My cousin has information from her mom who has passed away that lists the counties of ownership. But no Deeds for them. Only a deed for Dewey and Harper. We used to get checks from Dewey section . But none for quite awhile.

Often minerals are transferred via probate orders, so there won’t necessarily be deeds from one generation to the next.

You should get a list of the counties and keep a family tree as this may prove to be useful in the future. Also, run unclaimed property searches in the states where the minerals are located and where the relatives lived. Also, run unclaimed searches on yourself!

This post is not legal, tax or investment advice. Reading or responding to this post does not create an attorney/client relationship.