Is anyone else getting offers from MCM?

My family group received a leasing offer from MCM today which seems too good to be true. We own mineral rights in Sec 25 36 T5N in Dawson Co. MCM offer was $1000 NMA bonus, 25%. Is anyone else being contacted? Is MCM a legit company?

i never heard of MCM but that township 36T5N is hot. EOG drilled lots of good middle sprayberry wells- now everyone is going a little deeper and targeting Dean sand-u should hope EOG or SM energy comes calling- read about dawson county threads there are multiple threads

I was contacted by MCM late last year and signed a lease with them. Not sure what you mean by legit company, but they have drilled some wells in the past few years in Midland and Martin counties

Has MCM filed any drilling permits which include your interest?

Their head of general counsel is a close friend of mind. They’re legit.

They have not. Based on the leases being filed it looks like they are still leasing near me to potentially get some units formed

Thank you for this information! I looked at recent Dawson Co court documents and they were not represented.

If you look at courthousedirect there are 65 records in Dawson county

1 Like

Thank you. I’ve never been able to figure out how to look at previous months. No leasing activity for Courthouse Direct emailed first of August.

I’m feeling much better about their offer!

I leased with them at the end of last year, so they are definitely legit! They were really pleasant to deal with as well.

With that description of Block 36 T5N Section 25 that puts you just north of the Overton and Big Bend unit wells.

mcm section 25 block 36 t5

Please be sure that it is an actual “lease” and not a conveyance. We were scammed by something called a “Royalty Lease” that allowed a group to steal 75% of our interests.

Wow! Thank you for the warning. I feel more confident since others who’ve leased to MCM responded. Plus, we have 2 lawyers in our family group who will look at the lesse very closely. We also have a board certified oil & gas lawyer who looks at it. And, MCM has told us we can use our own lease and addendum from when we leased with CGS.

It sounds like you are in good hands, I just didn’t want to see someone else fall victim to the scam my family fell for. The group out of Midland was using company names that sounded very much like the names of legitimate companies but it was all intended to take advantage of people who didn’t fully understand the business. They told us we had some interest in land that they would explore and give us 25% of what they found. Turns out they had nothing to do with exploration and actual operators were already drilling! They took advantage of a lot of people with this. I’m happy you have the right people to guide you!