James Collard survey

Hello, I signed a lease in 2013 for 80 acres in the James Collard A-41 survey. It was extended to 8/2024. Does anyone know if anything has happened there during this time? Thanks much, Joe

Looks to be nothing really going on there, only four wells over the years, one of which is a horizontal. Nothing really going on around it close either that I can find? MK

Mr MK, Sorry for the delay. I’m not savvy about computers at all. I couldn’t get the email to send. Are you saying there are four wells on that survey? My Dad probably acquired some interest in that survey when he lived in Longview in the 1950’s. I don’t know how else I would have an interest there. If there are wells on that survey I better go to the courthouse or hire a landman? Thanks very much for your help. Joe

@acurmudgeon , There are three vertical wells that are in this survey and one more that is a horizontal well that goes through the survey. I do not know where your 80 acre tract is in relation to any of those or your percentage of any as well. Without more info from you and further research no one can tell what you have or don’t have. Also some or all of the wells may have been shut-in which would also be a “NO” to you receiving anything as well. These could have had permits where you are, but held by production (HBP) and nothing payed out. There are many reasons why, some I have not even listed that may apply to you. Best to give us more info if possible so we can help you in a better way. :slight_smile: MK

Mr MK,

I have found a Gregg county instrument #11002, Vol392,Pg287 that grants my dad " an undivided full five mineral acre interest" on the James Collard A-41 survey consisting of 80 acres of land.

I have followed the land description and it looks to me that the Collard survey contains those 80 acres. It says the land is under an oil and gas lease in favor of “None”. This instrument was made in 1952.

My lease was owned by several companies. Enerquest, one of those companies, permitted the 32171 well, but I don’t think they drilled. Maybe I just haven’t yet figured out how to do the production query. In 2022 I got a letter from Sabine extending my lease for two years to give them time to drill a well and that my lease would be released if no production occurred. I sent them a letter a few weeks ago asking if they would please notify me if I could release and why my lease specified one net mineral acre instead of five like the deed says, but they have not replied.

The 31017 seems to be producing and the horizontal well 32175 is producing.

Sorry for the delay in replying. Some things have come up.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Joe

The Golden Jones A (AW) 1H well is producing. Sabine Oil & Gas. It is the one in the middle with the surface location in A-54 just to the south. The well was spud 3/5/23 and completed 10-28-23. Contact the Division Order Analyst for Sabine (certified mail return receipt) and ask about the Division Order title opinion and why they only credited you with one acre instead of five. It might be because of where your tract is located with respect to the spacing unit of the well. They may have only leased part of your acreage. In some parts of Texas they have long skinny spacing units around a horizontal well. Other parts may have more blocky spacing because of the type of well.

Ms Barnes,

Thank you so much for your help. I will write Sabine a letter. Do you think it might be worth the trouble to find the lease that was in force when my dad acquired his mineral interest? If so, how do I go about finding it ?

Thanks again,

Joe

It is always wise to get the lease if you can. Ask the operator for a copy. They may or may not have it. If they bought from another operator, the files may be hidden in a dark warehouse somewhere.

You can always try searching using www.texasfile.com or www.courthousedirect.com (?). I use TexasFile for most of my searches.

Thank you again, Joe

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.