Lease offes

I received a lease offer from a company representing Continental Resources. Section 6-7N-8W, Grady Co., OK Does anyone know the current lease offers for this area?

Continental has permits to drill horizontal wells in that township. Lease bonus amounts are not public, so someone on the forum may share. The closest you can get is a pooling in the contiguous eight sections that touch your section. Continental has an application 2023-003279T which is pending. Once that is settled, you will have an idea. You can watch it on the Electronic Case Filing site. STR_ERROR_PAGE_TITLE The hearing has been postponed a few times.

You may get offers from third parties. Sometimes you can get better terms with them.

1 Like

Continental Resources did not approve my No Deductions & Affiliate Sales Clauses which were beneficial to the Lessor. They only approve their clauses in their Exhibit. Should I go ahead & lease with them, or wait until it’s force pooled?

Past experience says to wait for pooling. Continental’s clauses would cost you untold amounts!!!

1 Like

You definitely want the NO-deductions clause, don’t sign without it. Wait for pooling if they won’t budge. Time is on your side-- put your Exh A items back in and send it back to them. I had to wait 6 months recently for a company to accept my Exh A. They seem to be pushing back more today than they did 4-5 years ago – maybe they are having luck since there are fewer new leases these days