Leasing Steps Help

My family has an Oil and Gas lease; however, it looks like the company that originally leased it is no longer in business Choate Company Inc. Professional Land Services and I have no idea what to do now or what I need to do. The land/wells is located at: The West Half (W/2) of Section 41, Block 31, T-1-N, Howard County Texas.

Please, any help would be greatly appreciated. Athena

Below is the current Railroad Commission map with the area that you described outlined in red. It looks like there are four horizontal wells that extend through the west half of that section.

Vital Energy took over as the operator of all those wells in February, 2023. If you aren’t receiving royalties from them I’d try contacting Vital’s Owner Relations department at OwnerRelations@VitalEnergy.com or by phone at (918) 513-4570.

The well running along the west boundary of Sec. 41 is called the Leech 32-41, Unit A 1LS and it started producing in August, 2018. The three wells that have laterals extending through 41 and terminate at the south end of the next section to the south are called the Leech West 2SB, 3SA and 4SB. Production started on those in May, 2022. Those were drilled as allocation wells so whether or not you have interest in those may depend on the specific location of your mineral interest within that west half of Sec. 41.

Dusty,

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! So much. I’m in awe of your knowledge of the wells. I tried to look for information and was not successful. Thank you for sharing your gift with the world. I will call the phone number in the morning and see what information they have. Praying they have some information.

Have a wonderful rest of your evening.

Athena