Mineral Producer not paying

I recently inherited my mom’s minerals. I finally was able to get in touch with the producer. He told me that he had no idea where to send the money that was owed and the he was supposed turn it over to the state but didn’t. He told me he needed a transfer of mineral deed and a death certificate of which I provided him. He would then provide me with a 1099 and an ach form so I could start receiving money. I never received anything from him and he does not respond to my emails and as blocked all of my calls. Any advice as to what I should do? He owes years of back pay.

@Missy1 , Hi Missy welcome to the forum. First off what state, what county, what operator are you dealing with? Any other description you may have would help as well. There are plenty of people here that can help you or point you in the correct direction with more info from you. MK

I am in Texas. The minerals are in Montague county and the producer is McCutchin Petroleum.

1 Like

Let me know if you can’t see that picture. Texas law states you have to send the operator a notice a letter of non payment and tell them you want paid at that point only the operator only has 30 days to either pay you or respond to you what the reason is for non payment. If the fail to do either you then go to a gas lawyer and they will gladly sue them for non payment. Change in ownership takes up to a 120 in business days in Texas ours started July and we didn’t get paid until March hope this helps and the letter needs to be certified and probably notarized as well.

1 Like

You must send the request by certified mail return receipt so that you have a paper trail of your attempts to contact. The date of the certified mail starts the clock.

Does anyone know if Oklahoma has a similar law regarding non-payment?