Mineral Rights out of Receivership help

I see that this has a few older threads that were closed and I’m looking for some help that I couldn’t find in those. My family has recently gotten a letter from Patch Energy for our grandfathers mineral rights in Section 30, Block 27. I’m looking to see if anyone has a referral for a reasonable mineral rights attorney to help us get ours out of receivership. The block has 8 active wells that are all producing. Looks like substantial royalties are in receivership, I have a call out to the clerk to find out how much and what portion are my grandfathers.

I’m also trying to decipher the deed. It is confusing. Probably other deeds in the same block are similar and I’m trying to get a true idea of how many acres our deed contains. It says 1/64th interest to the oil, etc to-wit: Forty Acres Undivided in section 30, Block 27. The offer we have seems to add up to 10 acres, or 1.25 royalty acres. So is it 1/64th of the block or 40 acres or 1/64th of 40 acres? The receivership order lists 64ish people in the receivership, a few more as I imagine some heirs had previously inherited from the original 64?

Seems my grandfather bought this thru a newspaper add in the 20s when he was in his 20s. The family has no record of this that we are aware of, so we are also trying to also figure out how we could prove it is our grandfather (its listed as just initials and a misspelled last name in the deed). I’m sure Patch won’t be willing to share their info with us, but I will still ask. Any contacts or referrals are appreciated.

1 Like

I recently had to have a knowledgeable Texas Attorney to successfully lead me through somewhat sticky lease negotiation with Continental Resources for a parcel I own in Winkler Co. He is listed and known in the forum by the name of Eric Camp. A good communicator who wrote the lease documents that were eventually accepted by Continental. The info on this website is for Eric C. Camp Attorney at Law

3 Likes

Thank you, I have reached out to him.

Similar situation in Winkler County. Looking for reasonable lawyer as well.

I too have been using Eric for years now. Great guy and very helpful. MK

1 Like