Mineral Rights South Saskatchewan

Hello, We own 320 acres in south Saskatchewan, 12 miles west of Estevan.The most recent lease agreement ends in 10/2019. It has been leased to a few companies for the last 20 years. First I am looking for a new lease - if anyone is familiar with expats in that area, I would appreciate hearing about it. Secondly, I am hardly familiar with the oil field and wonder if there are other business fields besides mineral rights that could be operated there. After all, my family purchased this land in the early 40s of the last century and I am trying to see if after so many years it’s possible to maximize the area into a property that regularly generates some income for my family in any field imaginable. I don’t mind hearing any creative ideas like renewable energies or any cooperation with other business entities. I would be very very happy if there is someone who is willing to take up the glove, because I’m quite tired of chasing companies to lease my title and afterwards to understand they did not execute nothing there.

I imagine that things work similar to the way the oil and gas business is handled in the US. Generally, it is difficult to attract a company to lease property. Companies develop their own prospects based primarily on geology. If the minerals can be economically extracted, they will search you out. Unfortunately, it is often a waiting game.

This post is not legal, tax or investment advice. Reading or responding to this post does not create an attorney/client relationship.

You might want to check this GIS link for Saskatchewan and see if your acreage is even close to current activity. You can use the + sign to zoom in to see wells and tracts that are in play.

1 Like

Richard & M , Thx for your reply . I will try to figure out for other business area except oil or gas. If someone review this message and can share with me creative idea it would be great .

Solar and wind are potential options, but they go with the surface ownership and usually part of a much larger electrical grid plan.