New Lease offer North Tip Fayette

Hi, I’m trying to help parents/cousins get a better deal as they had in past with Clayton and Weber. Land is off 152 and Wormley lane. Most of their land is Bastrop.I own in both counties.

Offer (upped it already from initial) 1/5 royalty $25/ac seismic bonus $125/ac Lease bonus $50/ac pre-paid surface usage fee X company will have 1 year to come back and execute the lease 3 years with a 2 year renewal option

Thoughts on this? I’ve read about cleanup? here and asking to get that paid for by them. Not sure if that’s correct terminology. Any help appreciated! Thanks, Chris

Chris, the company seems to be offering you a series of contracts based upon their option. First part is a seismic bonus of $25/ac. If the seismic is positive, you are locked into an OGL for $125/ac with a 3/2 term. If there is production, then you are locked into surface usage and possibly damages at $50/ac. All this is in the Company’s favor. I would offer a non-exclusive seismic agreement that provided for damages and a fixed amount for the property. I would not allow an option for a future OGL or surface usage since that limits your economic benefits. Good luck to you.

Hey thanks! What is an OGL ? So your saying don’t get into a surface usage unless they are to fix and make it back to what it was?

Thanks! Chris

OGL is the acronym for Oil and Gas Lease. At this point I would only offer a surface damage agreement related to the seismic. If they come back in the future, you will know the seismic looks good. This puts you in a better position to negotiate.