Offer to sale

Hello, I have received an offer to buy my 2.3 acres in eddy county. My dad left my sisters and I the mineral rights when he died. Each sister owns the same amount. I need so much help. I can post the location but after that, I don’t know anymore. I have no clue how to find out anything as far as the wells go. Please help. W/2 of Section 8, T22S, R27E, eddy county, New Mexico

Eddy County is one of the hottest counties in the US right now. If you do not need to sell, then perhaps you shouldn’t. Offers to buy frequently come right before there is new drilling and tend to be lowball. Get MUCH more informed before you make a decision.

You can look up the area on the NM map.

New Mexico Oil & Gas GIS Map ArcGIS Web Application 153

Looks like you might have some new permits, so slow down a bit! They are in dark blue. It you touch them on the live map, will bring up information. Here is a screen shot.

So what do the permits mean? I’m so lost. Is that a good thing?

The map shows the dark blue permits which are wells that are planned for drilling. (Hard to see if you ask me…). Personally, if I have new permits, then I would not consider selling unless the offer was astronomical.

If you are new to the oil and gas business, you can start by reading the Mineral Help tab above. Read through the Eddy county threads on the forum so you can get caught up on activity. Make sure that you have your probate filed in the Eddy County courthouse so that you can be found. Look up the New Mexico Oil and gas commission website and start getting familiar. An informed mineral owner is a powerful mineral owner!

1 Like

VERY SIMPLE Don’t Sell you will be getting a lot more money by you and your sister getting a good Oil and Gas lease and then get production checks most every month! Pretend you can’t sell and wait on the money!