Oil leasing activities near my plot?

Recently inherited mineral rights for the following locations:

• T157N R88W, sections 7, 8, and 18
  • T157N R89W section 13
  • T158N R88W section 22 and 31

None of them are leased.

Does anybody have rights nearby, and received any lease offers?

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum.

Your acreage is to the east of the main activity.

7-157N-88W had a bit of leasing in 2022 from the State of ND. No lease on 8 or 18

13-157N-89W-no leasing or wells. They are mostly on the west side of the township

22, 31-158N-88W. Some scattered state of ND leasing back in 2022, but nothing since then and nothing in your sections.

Wow, thank you so much for your feedback! Is it easy for me to find that information myself? (I don’t have the faintest idea of anything mineral rights related so I so appreciate your expertise!)

Really dumb question but when State of ND “leases” something, does the mineral rights owner get paid for that?

Thanks again.

I have a subscription which makes it quicker to find the data. You probably could look it up at the County Courthouse if it is online.

The mineral owner does not get bonus or royalty payments on acreage owned by the State of ND. The mineral owner might have different acreage in the same section and would lease it separately.

If you are brand new to ownership, the Mineral Help Tab above is a good place to start. Also, read through the Mountrail County posts to get a feel for the activity and main questions.