Oklahoma Division order revised

Hello, I received this in the mail recently from Cimarex Energy. The top of the document is entitled: Oil AND GAS DIVISION ORDER REVISED. If I understand this correctly, they are wanting me to confirm if I actually own the property for which they have been paying me. This has me a little nervous. How best to proceed from here? I plan on calling Cimarex Monday to find out more. There is a legal description for the property on this letter. Who do I call in Canadian County to find out more? Thanks.

#1- A division order is not required in OK in order to get paid. You can send a letter in lieu and a W-9. Use the magnifying glass search to find an example “letter in lieu”.

#2. Call the Division Order department at Cimarex and ask why there is a revised DO. There might have been a title issue.

#3. Do not call Canadian county. They cannot help you.

1 Like

If you agree with the decimal interest shown, send in a W-9 and a letter stating you want to change the amount to “equals $25.00” as per Oklahoma Statutes. You don’t need to send in the DO nor do you need to send any letter in lieu of, unless you want to. My guess is this DO is a different version than Cimarex used to use, hence the term “revised”. I doubt it has anything to do with a revision of any previous DO that you signed on this property.

1 Like