Received check from unknown source

I received a small check from Permian Resources Operating last month for my late spouse. As far as I know, there has been no correspondence from them in the past. It has no information other than a few numbers above the mailing address. On the check stub, it says "Additional information: Detail www.energylink.com, then a phone number and email address. The email address doesn’t work. I don’t have an account with energylink.com.

How do I find out what this is about? (I know, I can call. That usually just gets you the runaround.)

bkay

Many of the operators use Energy Link to store their statements. You may have to use www.enverus.com as they own Energy Link. It is free to join to get your statements. You will need the Owner Number which is listed on the check, the check # and the check date to get started. Permian Resources has bought out quite a few other companies’ leases, so you may have an older name in your other correspondence. Did they give you a cover letter with a password to log into Energy Link the first time?

Many of us get our statements this way. You can download them. The IRS wants you to save them for seven years. Always a good idea to do so in order to match your 1099s.

I didn’t receive anything except the check. Thanks for the instructions.

bkay

Look through your files of prior payors and you may be able to identify the source. Permian Resources was created by merger of Centennial Resources and Colgate Energy. Permian recently acquired Earthstone Energy. Several years ago Colgate acquired Permian area wells from Luxe Energy and from Occidental.

1 Like

Sorry, I got confused. Looking at my files, I received information that Permian purchased Eathstone. (Reagan county, TX) Looking at their letter, they gave instructions on how to sign up for Energylink.com. This was for my late spouse’s assets.

I also began receiving inquiries from Diamondback about Reagan county assets that belonged to my late spouse’s Father.

I just assumed the wrong thing.