Roger Mills Co activity?

Any drilling in southern Roger Mills happening/proposed/considering?

S11,T11N,R25W

A legal description will get you information that you desire.

Please be specific with your section, township and range. Roger Mills has quite a bit of activity.

Hello, since RSollers is asking, I will join in. Any Roger Mills activity in or near sec 30 15N-21W?

11,11N,25W

Any drilling happening in southern Roger Mills Co?

30-15N-21W- 106 leases in the last two years. Devon and Mewbourne are main Grantees. Permit to drill in 28/33-Crawley and 27/34-Mewbourne

11-11N-25W only four leases in the northern part of the township. Upland main lessee. None in 11. No pending permits as of today.

I’m in S12 T12N R21W and we leased not long ago. Received documents filed in OCC about wanting to drill a multiunit horizontal well. My question is if they drill in sections like 28/33 and 27/34, will they still want to drill in my area? i haven’t seen any permits to drill. (Still learning)

You are North of those proposals, but most likely yes, your section will get drilled but time will tell.

Mewbourne has filed for the MU horizontal in 1&12-12N-21W. The well is supposed to be called Carpenter 1/12 AP #1H The exhibits are available. See map below. The location of the well on the far east side of section indicates that they are leaving room for infill wells in the future (if the economics are favorable). When the orders come out, the permit should follow.

1 Like

Thanks for posting the Mewbourne Map for 12N-21W. We have 2 properties with mineral rights at 31 and 32 of 14N-22W in Roger Mills County. We originally got a lease letter in January directly from Mewbourne. After some delay to sort out title, we recently had other lesser know agents calling/writing with lease offers … one from Winding River Energy Services and another from Rock Creek Land & Energy. How could we find out if these are legit agents of Mewbourne (how do we know we can trust these organizations)? Is it common for Mewbourne to use them as agents to sign up lease holders?? These guys are anxious to send documents, whereas we could never get the Mewbourne person on the phone. You previously posted a link to OKTAP site to look up lease info and/or production data for specific site or well, but the link only went to the main site. How do you navigate from OKTAP main page to a page with info you referred to? There was a previous agreement on our parcels with Mustang for our property, but it’s been many years since the lease was signed and they’ve stopped paying. How can we find their status online? How do we avoid conflict over signing a new OGL with Mewbourne? Thanks so much for watching over the posts on this forum and answering as best you can. We are also new to this (recently inherited) and trying to understand all of the lingo and insider language/terms.

You do not have to lease with Mewbourne. Quite a few companies are leasing in your two sections. Anevay Resources, Mako Resources, Mewbourne, NWR Mineral Partners, Rock Creek, Yukon. You can also wait for forced pooling which has its own advantages. Most operators contract out their leasing work.

The OKTAP is the tax site. You have to go though the OCC to get the cases. None are currently pending for you. If you have your name and address properly filed with the recorder of deed and probates in Roger Mills, they will send you notices that pertain to you.

Mustang Fuel is still producing the Hiatt 31-14-22 1H well in 31 and Juanice 32-14-22 1H in 32. Suggest that you contact them if you are not getting your checks. Depending upon your previous lease or force pooling, you may or may not be open to lease again. Since you just inherited, you need to get into pay status with them. Do you need an address for them?

I’m definitely not complaining but I’m wondering why you think there is a sudden surge in drilling interest in Roger Mills County especially with record amounts of natural gas inventory and low spot prices.

New horizontal drilling in tighter reservoirs is now technically possible. Many operators expect gas prices to go up over the next few years due to greater LNG export volumes to Europe and Mexico. image

Because it’s easy for an operator to pick up large chunks of acreage at a cheap price compared to other basins. So if they pick up 25k acres at $100-500 an acre, they aren’t taking a big hit on speculation of future gas prices compared to other areas.

That first part definitely adds up. With those inventory levels though it seems to me like burning off natural gas to get to the oil might be just as likely. But I certainly hope they are right!

I can buy that but why now? Why Roger Mills and not Beckham County? Again I’m not complaining at all but it doesn’t completely add up to me. But I’ll gladly take the lease demand I’ve seen over the past 6 months after almost nothing for many years.

The activity is strictly for the Cherokee formation that is predominantly oil. This formation is very sporadically found in Beckham.

1 Like

Also is there a way to see the production activity from Mustang on our parcels for last 12 months (Even if delayed)? I saw on another thread that you had a technique for searching records for drilling activity/production, but it looked complex (to me).

Thank you Martha for you quick and thorough replies. Regarding Mustang Fuel, yes I would welcome utilizing your contact info to reach out to them. Since we have several lease offers, and are concerned about unfamiliar lease provisions, can you recommend an OK attorney to review our offers and advise us?