Royalty Payments

I own 50% minerals on 75 acres in the Marque area. I am leased, but am considering selling seeing that I have been leased for 20 years and yet nothing as for as drilling.If Comstock or some others did drill that included my acreage, how much would my monthly or annual Royalty payments be at today’s gas prices and considering 6 to 700 acres involved?

That is a wide spread, but gas prices are currently dismal. There is little new development for gas because of that and how lucrative TX oil is. That doesn’t mean there won’t be in the future, especially considering how ‘green’ gas energy is. In general, it is better to hold minerals than sell. But, it is a personal call if you have something pressing and need the money.

1 Like

You better not sell your minerals in the “hottest” area in Leon County, Texas. You will be very sorry!

1 Like

My rough math shows royalty at about $800 per acre per month with 600 acres involved with a 20% contract. I am getting older and could use the money if I were to sell. I am thinking at least 10k per acre.

MO5 will give you that much. He says he can’t buy any minerals but here’s his chance!

1 Like

Looks like with gas prices as they are, and with what these deep wells are producing, $800 per acre each month is about on target. At this rate my interest could produce over 300k per year.

1 Like

Don’t know about your numbers but at these gas prices, your interest may not get drilled anytime soon. Look at all scenarios then choose the one that fits you the best.

1 Like

Sir you don’t know Diddly! Don’t be giving advise about an area you don’t know anything about!

$10,000/nma is a bargain in @Mineral_Owner5 's eyes.