Selling MR before or after November Election

I have received a few offers to purchase my Mineral Rights in the Nacogdoches, Texas area. Should I sell the ASAP before the November election or After?

I am new the the forum and apologise for any lack of protocol.

Thank you

1 Like

I don’t think the election is much of a factor for that relative to whatever other variables/priorities you may have. At least not in any way that anyone here can predict today.

But just my opinion.

Somewhat amusingly its been better to be in energy with a Democrat than a Republican president since 1990s. Most of that is random I think (Covid kinda sunk energy during Trump, 9/11 and subprime during Bush Jr, etc) but there is an element of “people opposed to oil and gas tend to make oil and gas prices go up” involved as well.

2 Likes

In my opinion, rushing to sell tied to perceived politics is not a good idea. It is more important to know what pending activity you might have. Many offers to buy come before drilling and tend to be low ball based upon my offers received. If you give your block, abstract and section, you may get folks that are nearby to comment on the activity. Would hate to have you sell and then find out that you had multiple horizontal wells coming.

Agree that potential election results not a good idea to base a sale decision on.