Stephens County, Sect 19 T1N R5

For nearly two years we’ve been getting mailings from the OCC Court Clerk’s Office about Pooling on Stephens County Section 19, 1N 5W. The Case number is 2022-003501. They always say the hearing has been continued to a later date. One was a “Notice of Protest and Request for Affirmative Relief” filed by Citation Oil and Gas Company.

I need to make a little report to my family about what is going on there and I have no idea. Anybody know what the hold-up is? Is this typical?

The hearing date was extended to 6/18/2024. And then it was extended yet again to July 9, 2024

Yes, this is common. Continental has it now.

https://public.occ.ok.gov/WebLink/DocView.aspx?id=16769340&dbid=0&repo=OCC&searchid=5ba79357-07ad-4c4a-b31a-38b973dd8bd8

1 Like

Hi Nancy- I have a leasehold interest here and think that Continental is wanting to see the results of offset production & gas prices before moving forward. Just my opinion & I think a proper decision.

Thanks, Martha. I don’t check in too often, but Imappreciate all you do for this group.

That makes sense, Todd. I never imagined it would take this long.

Low gas prices for the first part of this year have slowed quite a few companies down as they manage their portfolios. They would rather leave reserves in the ground for a while until prices come back up and make the economics better.

1 Like