Tarrant County, TX property tax?

I inherited a small producing mineral interest in Parker County, & they immediately started sending tax bills without any action on my part. I inherited minerals under a residential parcel in Tarrant County and have never received a tax bill. I verified that the deed was filed in Tarrant. On the Tarrant County Tax Assessor-Collector website I only see listings for taxes on Real property and none for minerals not only for my property but others on the same street. Does anyone know why I’m not getting a bill from Tarrant County and is there anything I need to do about it?

In Texas you will pay property taxes on producing minerals and no taxes on nonproducing minerals.

Is the interest producing? I have a tiny interest in my house and I reach out to the tax appraisers and tax office, and they basically told me my interest was so small (0.16 acres), they didn’t bother to put me in the system. They told me XTO was paying the taxes on it.

Thanks, Sean. Yes, this is producing a very small amount, and it’s a tiny interest from a house lot. I was suspecting that small size had something to do with it. Thanks for confirming that might be the case. I will call the tax office just to be sure.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.