To Sell or Not To Sell.....in Canadian County

SELLING OR LEASING is really a personal decision that you should make based on your circumstances. Many people, will never sell their mineral rights, and some people don’t want them. Either way mineral rights can be valuable, they can provide a much needed source of liquidity either through lease bonuses, royalty checks, or from monetizing them similar to your relatives…at the end of the day, its a matter of personal choice.

Production can vary pretty widely across Canadian county with multiple horizons - some are more productive in certain areas of Canadian, some produce more oil, some more gas, some produce condensate. As Marie stated, there ae many 19s and 20s in Canadian (24 or so of each) and the county is pretty hot, especially if you are in the over pressured areas.

2 Likes

32-11-8; Canadian county

Donna, Roan Resources just filed five new cases in 32-11N-8W for new well in the Mississippian and one new well in the Woodford. If you are getting offers to buy, that is probably why.

I am new to site but I want to thank you for the info on activity on 32-11N-8W in Canadian. I just posted wanting info and not to sell, but I did get questions asking if I wanted to sell. I own minerals there and understand there is a well named Vickrey although I have received nothing.

The Vickrey 1H-32-5 was spud May 23, 2017. It was listed as active on the OK tax site on 11/9/17. You should have received a Division Order by now. It was sold to Roan Resources on April 26 so they are probably running behind. They owe you 12% statutory interest if your title is clean. Contact Roan Resources and make sure they have your correct address. 14701 Hertz Quail Springs Parkway, Oklahoma City, OK 73134 Remind them that they owe interest and that usually gets them moving. Send a certified return receipt letter to the Division Order Department. Roan is a new company made up of two other experienced companies, so they are probably still ramping up.

Thank you for the information.

Has anyone decided to sell their rights in section 32-11N-8W? If so, what price were you paid? I own minerals in here and might sell if the price is fair.

32-11-8 Roan just filed to drill two more wells there and they have room for more. That is why you are getting offers and they are probably low. They want the revenue from the first well and the future wells.

1 Like