Wake v BCE-Mach settlement

Just received a notice regarding my interests in this proposed class action settlement.

Thought I would inquire about everyone’s thoughts on the proposed options. See how people choose to handle their settlement. Open things up for discussion. The easy option appears that I do nothing and wait for whatever settlement is sent to me. But with other options I would guess I can argue for a higher settlement. I inherited these minerals less than two years ago, but the settlement dates back to 2018. It’s all very foreign to me. Thanks

1 Like

I just received the notice also. It says to do nothing, as with most class action settlements. (and I certainly have no means or intention to pursue it otherwise!). My production is in Texas, just about 3 miles from Roger Mills County OK. I am wondering if this would make a difference - I mean since it’s an Oklahoma case.
A cousin discovered that there IS a difference in Texas and Oklahoma about how inherited royalties in wills can be contested so I am wondering.
Also I only know what’s on this postcard - I had no idea something was being contested. Does anyone know more about this?

You don’t need to do anything. Lawyers get most of the money. 1000’s of mineral owners split the rest.