Where are my minerals

We own mineral rights in Leon County Texas that have been leased multiple times during our period of ownership. We know the total NMA however have no idea where they are located within the specific section (abstract) of property. How can the location of the NMA be identified? Are there maps that would disclose and how would one secure?

You have to provide the complete legal description to determine where those acres are.

Like Todd says, if you’ll post the legal description from your deed someone should be able to help you spot that location on the Railroad Commission’s map of Leon County.

Understand though, if you own a partial mineral interest in a tract, for example a 1/4th undivided mineral interest in a described 100 acre piece of land, your specific mineral rights will cover the full 100 acres, not just a certain 25 acre part of the full tract.

The only information I have at this time is A-368. If insufficient what other information would be required?

Is there a web site that permits access to the railroad commission map?

So I have minerals that my grandfather had and not sure how to find out more about it. 3/16th Royality on production is what I was sent a few years ago and nobody ever got back to me until a week ago and then they said they never got anything from the drill

@Schramm here is the link for the RRC map: https://gis.rrc.texas.gov/gisviewer/ Here is a screen shot of the area around A-368

The map doesn’t give you more of a detailed description. You may have to trace back in the Leon County records for an older document that details the description. If the document is older than what the online services have, then you would have to visit, or hire someone to visit the actual courthouse to find the document(s) that describe things in more detail.

Look ant the oil and gas lease which will include a legal description of the gross acreage in which you own a fractional interest. It will list the survey and the Abstract number only, in which case your minerals are under the entire abstract. Or it may have a more restricted description within the Abstract, with the gross acreage. It is unlikely that you own 100%, as the minerals have probably been subdivided among heirs over the years.

@schramm http://texaslandrecords.com is helpful to view leon county records. Can look up by name, book or page. Looks like 1963 deed has the info you are looking for.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.