Winkler Lease Offer

I have recently received two lease offers for Winkler County TX (same company - Caliber Land Management

• Sec 16, BLK A-56, PSL Svy, A-175 (.40 net acres) and
  • Sec 3, BLK 74 PSL Svy, A-1481
  • Sec 16, BLK 74 PSL Svy, A-1484 and A-1940 -Sec 20, BLK 74 PSL Svy, A-1486 -Sec 21, BLK 74 PSL Svy, A-1685 -Sect 34, BLK 74 PSL Svy, A-1686 (.77500 net acres) both are for 3 year plus two- year offer to extend 25% royalty Bonus consideration $500 per net acre

If anyone can advise me on if this is a reasonable offer or what I should I ask for. I am new to this. I will check out the areas, but am looking for some direction as to what I should be looking at and any info - Any help is much appreciated.

That area of Winkler is very active. Continental has a rig south of your minerals and Basin has a rig East of your minerals, I would negotiate a higher bonus amount per net acre.

2 Likes

I leased my parcel (sec 13 block A 56) to Continental earlier this year, after they had started drilling a 2 section horizontal well (JACKRABBIT 1308A 01H). Several commentators on this forum suggested I obtain council which I did using one of the forums supporters. If I am allowed to give a shout out in support of my attorney I will be happy to do so. We leased to Continental for $1000/ net mineral acre, no deducts other then the usual, Importantly, with 1/4 royalty, which in my opinion is a lot more important than the bonus. We don’t know the results yet but the well has been drilled and fracking has been reported. comments from forum were VERY helpful during my negotiating process ADS

3 Likes

see. you already got the 1/4 royalty, now just ask for a higher bonus :wink: :wink:

1 Like

Did the landman with whom you had initially negotiated return, or did you and your attorney interact with a new landman? I would hope this forum encourages positive reviews of advertiser-client–attorney client in your case–relationships. Fort Worth, Austin, or San Antonio?

I would ask for 1k and drop the 2 yr option.

1 Like